Cereal Malt Beverage Licenses

Owners of establishments who sell Cereal Malt Beverages, either by the drink or by the unopened container, must apply and be approved for a CMB License each year.  You may complete the application on-line and then bring it to City Hall or mail it.  Processing can take up to 2-3 weeks.

Download Application

Home Occupation Permits

Every owner or operator of a home-based business must secure a home occupation permit from the city administrator or his or her designee, which permit shall be issued on a yearly basis, with each permit expiring on December 31 of each year.

Download Application

Dog Licenses

  1. Registration required. Every owner of any dog over six months of age shall annually register with the city clerk his name and address with the name, sex and description of each dog owned and kept within the city. It shall be unlawful for the owner of any newly acquired dog or any dog brought into the city to fail to register such animal within 30 days from acquisition or bringing the dog into the city. It shall be unlawful for the owner of any previously registered dog to fail to maintain current registration of such dog. 
  2. Exception for dogs temporarily in city. The provisions of this section with respect to registration shall not apply to any dog owned by any person visiting or temporarily remaining within the city for less than 30 days. However, such dogs shall be kept under restraint by the owner thereof at all times. 
  3. Rabies vaccination. Upon registration, the owner shall present a current, completed certificate of immunization against rabies. No registration shall follow without evidence of this document, and it shall be unlawful for the owner of any dog over six months of age to fail to maintain effective rabies immunization of such dog. 
  4. Proof of spaying or neutering. The owner or harborer of any dog shall, at the time of registering such dog, present to the city clerk a certificate from an accredited veterinarian showing that a male dog has been neutered or a female dog has been spayed, if the dog has been neutered or spayed. 
  5. Registration fee. 
    1. Neutered or spayed: $1.00. 
    2. Unneutered or unspayed: $5.00. 
    3. Late registration (starts May 1) penalty fee: $1.00. 
  6. Registration year. The registration year shall be from January 1 through December 31 of each year. The registration fee shall be payable before May 1 of each year without penalty. 
  7. Proration of fee; penalty for late registration. Registration fees may not be prorated for newly acquired dogs or for dogs owned by a person moving to and establishing a home in the city during a calendar year.

Download Flyer

Peddler's Permits

Peddler or Solicitor: Fees shall be in the amount of $10.00 per day, or portion thereof, that the permittee shall operate within the city limits.  A permit for the entire year, or portion thereof, shall be available for $300.  In addition, a $40.00 Investigative fee will be required at the time of application to cover the cost of investigation of the facts stated in the foregoing application.

Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and a Kansas Sales Tax Certificate at the time of application.

Download Application